*Please note: Four Seasons Park is very busy in June with Walking School Fieldtrips to the Spray Park which is adjacent to the festival grounds. A speed limit of 10km/hr in and around the spray park and festival grounds will be strictly enforced for the festival duration. Pedestrians have the right of way – no exceptions. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in being asked to leave the festival grounds immediately without warning and without refund. You will be permitted to pick up your items during the tear down times listed.
- Vendor Selection:
The BBRF Vendor Village is a place for our Festival Patrons to purchase unique items. We are looking for vendors that sell items that are in stock and on hand. They should not be commercially or mass produced. Preference will be given to Vendors who have handmade items.
To ensure variety and quality, the Artisan Vendor selection will be a juried process. All vendors are required to submit their information on the form provided by March 13, 2020. Upon approval, the Vendor will be contacted by March 31, 2020 with notification of acceptance as well as an invoice for Registration Fee payment. Only once payment has been received are you guaranteed a spot in our Vendor Village.
Please note: Applications are assessed on a year by year basis. Acceptance one year does not guarantee participation in a subsequent year.
- Vendor Location:
Vendors will be located inside the festival grounds. These tent locations will provide a favorable vantage to hear some of the music during the festival. Ticket holders only will have access to these vendor locations. There are limited spots available.
- Vendor Village Schedule:
All artisan vendors are required to be present and operating throughout the Vendor Village OPEN hours. Those hours are as follows
Friday, June 19 – 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturday, June 20 – 10:00 am -9:00 pm
Thursday June 18: Site set up, including fencing & stages. Vendors can set up at 5:00 pm-8:00 pm if desired. Overnight Security provided.
Friday June 19:
- 9:00am – 3:30 pm – Vendor set up
** All Vendors must be set up and all vehicles removed from site by 2:00pm Friday June 19.
- 4:00 pm Gates open to Patrons – Vendor Village OPEN
- 4:30 pm Music starts
- 9:00 pm Vendor Village CLOSED
- 12:00 am Music finished
- overnight security provided.
Saturday June 20:
- 9:00 pm Gates open for vendors to access site
- 10:00 pm Vendor Village OPEN
- 11:00 pm Music starts
- 9:00 pm Vendor Village CLOSED
- 12:00 1m Music finishes
NOTE: No vendor booths can be disassembled or removed from site prior to 9:00 pm on Saturday June 20. Any vendor packing up prior to 9:00 pm on Saturday will not be invited back to future events.
Tear Down Saturday June 20: Vendor Village closes at 9:00. If you wish to pack up and carry your items to your car you are free to do so at that time. Our Security team will provide an opening in the fence for you to take your items off site. No vendor shall carry their items through the site and out the main gate during Saturday teardown. For Pedestrian Safety, no vehicles can be moved until 12:30 am or when security decides that it is safe to do so. We will have some ATVs and golf carts available to help you carry your items to your vehicle. Please note that the priority usage for those ATVs and Golf Carts will be given to the musicians and stagehands moving equipment. We will provide overnight security for any who wish to return Sunday morning to pack up their vendor tent and items.
Tear Down Sunday June 21: Vendors wishing to enjoy the festival headliners on Saturday night, are welcome to return to the site on Sunday morning to pack up and retrieve their items. We will be providing overnight security on Saturday night. Teardown at the festival site begins at 9:00 am. Your items must be retrieved by 2:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.
Completed Vendor Information Form and Registration Fee must be received by the Beaumont Blues & Roots Festival in order to secure your place.
The Registration fee for the 2020 BBRF is $250 and includes the following:
- one 10’x10′ area for your tent (No tents are supplied by BBRF)
- TWO weekend vendor passes
- Parking for ONE vehicle near the festival site at the Beaumont High School
- Power is included in your booth fee
NOTE: You will also be required to submit a damage deposit cheque made out to Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Society dated for June 19, 2020 written for the amount of $100. This cheque will be either destroyed or returned to you the week of July 1 provided that the site is clean as you found it and that you met all requirements of this contract. If it is your desire to have the cheque returned to you, please provide a self addressed stamped envelope to the BBRF representative when you submit your deposit cheque.
- Additional Vendor weekend passes $99 each
- If a festival representative is required to secure your tent in inclimate weather, you will be charged $100.
- Green Initiative:
BBRF has an ongoing commitment to honoring environmental concerns in all areas of Festival operations. The Festival wants all vendors to demonstrate an enhanced commitment to environmental practices. We will encourage you all, as well as our patrons to bring their own mugs and water bottles. Drinking water stations, recycling stations and garbage bins are provided around the site.
For those vendors requiring access to power, The vendor is responsible for supplying their own power cords, and for the safety and compliance to the safety code for any extension cords/electrical devices used at the site. All electrical cords/electrical devices subject to inspection by Site personnel. It is recommended that you have at least a 100′ extension cord.
- Cancellation Policy:
This contract may be cancelled by either party. Cancellation of space must be in writing and received 30 days prior to the festival. In the event that such a cancellation is received, 50% of your fee payment will be refunded. If the booth participant cancels within the 30 days prior to the event, no refund will be given. By canceling this contract, the Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival is free to rent the space to others.
The BBRF will provide 24 hour security to the festival site. Vendors, however, are responsible for their property at all times. Neither the hired Security Company or the BBRF will be responsible for lost or stolen merchandise. The Security Company will not be responsible for securing items in inclement weather. Ensure your tent is secured in place before you leave the festival grounds.
- Display Restrictions and Safety:
- All vendors are expected to review and comply with the BBRF Site Safety and Emergency Response Plans. These documents will be made available to you prior to the event.
- Vendors are allocated a 10’x10′. All vendors must provide their own professional grade tent with sidewalls capable of withstanding inclement weather. All vendors are responsible for anchoring and securing their own tents. All vendor tents are subject to inspection.
- Note that canopy shelters or other lightweight shelters are not acceptable and will not be allowed on the BBRF site.
- Acceptable tents will be professional quality “pop up” tents similar to the following:
- The BBRF reserves the right to remove or alter any displays that they deem unsafe and inappropriate.
- All booths must be manned during OPEN hours.
- Vehicles will be prohibited on the festival site outside the above allocated load in and load out time frames.
- A speed limit of 10km/hr will be strictly enforced
- All tents and structures need to be tied down, and guylines clearly marked with survey flagging or equivalent.
- No vendor booths can be disassembled or removed from site prior to 9:00 pm on Saturday. Any vendor packing up prior to 9:00 pm on Saturday will not be invited back to future events.
- No vendor or their representative(s) shall damage, change or in any way deface the festival premises.
- The Site Coordinator, Site and Security Personnel will have access at all times to the space occupied by each vendor.
- The BBRF reserves the right to alter the site plan if necessary or to have the booth participant reposition the booth if required.
- Unless given permission to the contrary, the vendor agrees to confine their operation within their contracted space only.
- Smoking will be allowed in designated areas only.
- Abusive language and/or behavior will not be tolerated.
The Vendor agrees to maintain and pay all premiums for general public liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000.00 for the duration of the Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival (BBRF). All such policies shall identify BBRF as a named insured. Written evidence of such insurance coverage shall be provided to BBRF prior to the commencement of the Vendor’s use and occupation of the contracted vendor space.
IN CONSIDERATION of participation in the Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Vendor Village, the Vendor shall and does hereby indemnify and save harmless The Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Society, the City of Beaumont, The Beaumont Blues and Roots Festival Society committee members, and all other groups working under the direction of the BBRF from any and all liabilities, damages, costs (including, without limitation, BBRF’s own legal costs on a solicitor-client basis), claims, suits or actions in any way arising from or related to the use or occupation of the vendor space or the exercise of any of the rights granted pursuant to this Sublicense by the Vendor or by anyone for whom at law it is responsible, save and except where such loss arises from the willful or negligent acts of BBRF or those for whom at law it is responsible;
The Vendor does hereby release BBRF from any and all liabilities, damages and costs to which the Vendor may be put or suffer or in anyway arising from as a result of the Sublicense provided for herein, including without limitation any damages, liabilities and costs arising from the negligence of BBRF or those for whom at law it is responsible.